Qualitative research has become a commodity and is in danger of losing its power to shape business strategy and provide inspiring consumer understanding.
In this manifesto for the future of the discipline, Kantar TNS’s CEO Global Qualitative Practice, Rebecca Wynberg, sets out her agenda for returning Qual to its rightful role at the heart of understanding people:
- How a focus on rapid results risks commoditising Qual
- Why Qual should never be seen as a cheap alternative to Quant
- The problems with depending on digital methodologies in isolation
- Qual’s true role in understanding the ‘multiple me’s’ that dominate consumer lives
- The importance of putting Qual back at the heart of brand strategy
- Why investment in interpretative expertise is the real test of a Qual agency.