Long seen as a bridge between Asia and Europe, Turkey is itself bridging the gap between demographic potential and robust, resilient growth.
With a growing line of globally recognised brands, established digital infrastructure and a youthful population increasingly engaged in the economy, not even recent protests and controversy look like derailing this MINT economy’s resurgence.
In this feature, we look at the characteristics of Turkey that can make this market a compelling opportunity for brands:
- A strongly urbanised population
- A rapidly expanding retail sector
- Mobile penetration of 90% with 40 million 3G subscriptions
- The world’s fourth largest user of Facebook
- An increasingly influential generation of young, middle-class women
- Global brands such as Turkish Airlines, Mavi Jeans and Arçelik/Beko