One in every four Africans is a Nigerian – and with their economy recently overtaking South Africa’s to become the continent’s largest, the “giant of Africa” represents a vast opportunity for brands. However, Nigeria demands an approach that respects its huge diversity. Investing time in getting to know the market is essential for choosing the right opportunity – and the right strategy for taking advantage of it.
In this feature, we present a concise introduction to the key opportunities in one of the world’s most exciting markets:
- Key demographics and target audiences, including more than 200 ethnic groups
- The growth of convenience culture built around online and mobile shopping
- The importance of social media to integrated communications strategies
- Growing interest in health and fitness amongst aspiring consumers
- Distribution challenges and how brands have overcome them.