Giant companies from rapid-growth economies are transforming the make-up of global business.
They are doing so through decisive corporate cultures, in-depth market understanding and a precision approach to identifying and acting upon opportunities.
In this feature, we look at the six characteristics that give big companies an edge in the business – and ask how they can keep that edge sharp as they expand their reach to new markets:
- A grasp of Power in the Market that enables them to find opportunity amid chaos and uncertainty
- In-depth understanding of local consumer needs and the capability to improvise to meet them
- A probabilistic mindset and the license to speculate
- The ability to identify market-entry opportunities precisely
- Entrepreneurial business cultures that empower employees through taking a long-term view
- A philosophy of acquisition for market access rather than efficiencies