Kantar TNS’s Marketing Monitor 2016 studies the priorities for marketers in Asia Pacific shows a big shift in the tactics employed over the last 12 months.
Marketers have been quick to follow consumers onto rapidly growing social media channels – but has their capacity for strategic planning been able to keep up? A year ago, we reported on how marketers were demanding an integrated view of real-time data from digital platforms that could enable them to make better decisions. In the absence of such an integrated view, junior marketers are increasingly depending on social media monitoring to direct what they do next – but their more senior colleagues know that simply responding to comments and feedback on social is not enough to build coherent brand strategies.
In this report, we explore the challenges facing marketers in Asia Pacific, indicating these five key themes that demonstrate the pressure on them to develop meaningful brand strategies amid the rush to real-time engagement on social:
- End-to-end customer experiences now the top priority for marketers
- Social media is dominating the customer journey
- Marketers see social media as a go-to source of insight
- Resolving social spend a priority focus for marketers
- Marketers are grappling with multiple touchpoints